Tuesday 10 May 2011

Green renovation is hard when you're "desperate"

Good lord its hard to spell "desperate".

Anyway, my desperation is of the house variety. At Easter, I went away for a family wedding - and I had to leave the house by the back door, as the front door wouldn't shut properly without a kick from the inside. Its a very old double glazed door, and I thought it would last until I had the money to get the whole house double glazed, but no, 'twas not to be. Then the kitchen window wouldn't close properly.

Now, I'd like to have the time to research properly the firms that will do timber-based double glazing - of course, I'd like to have the money to pay for them too. I *do* have the money to pay for bog standard uPVC goods, and thats what it'll have to be. The only thing I'm going to splash out on is a retractable fly screen over the kitchen window, which I reckon is worth losing the hassle of chasing stuff out of the kitchen while keeping a lovely cool breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment