Wednesday 25 May 2011

Double glazing

Yesterday, I had two merry men working on my front door, the windows on either side of it, and the kitchen window. I now have secure double glazing! The previous frames, which no longer closed securely, are gone, and I'm happy happy happy about it. I have a FENSA certificate. The glass is kite-marked. Come winter, my hall will not be freezing - not quite so freezing, anyway, as the porch is solid walled, and the mortar on the rest of the house isn't good enough to allow for cavity wall insulation yet.

There is one fly in the ointment, however: I was going on (and on and on) to the head bloke about not leaving any voids behind the fascias .... and on the windows, he hasn't. But you know the protective internal step immediately in front of a door? Thats been laid on top of the carpet. He'd said he'd be repairing the concrete floor, because he had to take out the whole frame of the door, of course, and the concrete needed to be touched up. But really, to put the last bit of the doorframe, the fabric of the house, over a piece of carpet? A piece of really naff, dirty carpet, I might add, which is going to the skip next week, as my builder is booked in next Thursday?

I've been putting off the phone call this morning, but I have to make it. Still, my double glazing is very beautiful, very minimalist, and easy to use. Mostly-happy bunny here.

No comments:

Post a Comment