Wednesday 2 November 2011

What a long time ...

Directly linked to my last post, sadly - I worked really hard for my mum's visit, and continued at that pace after she left, so made myself ill for the whole of September.

During October - catching up! Which meant, making the garden mine, and its been lovely to do, I'm slowly transforming it from a boring suburban garden, the horticultural version of Tim nice-but-dim, into something a bit wilder and yet not overgrown, where most plants will fulfil several functions.

And since I have no real money to carry on doing up the house, I've changed the name of the blog - I've let go the "DIY and Renovation" part. That kind of work is still going to be included, but its not the sole focus.

There *is* one bit of building/repair work thats going to be done in the house, actually, and thats in the bathroom - a clever friend has told me that all the mould peeping out from the bath panel and the boxing-in of the pipes (which I hate!) is probably because the seals between the bath, the taps and the wall have been gone for a long, long time. Makes sense to me - but its so bad, I can see that the bath might have to be removed, and a new panel put in. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting rid of the boxing too, and in general the bathroom will be having a good old update. Watch this space (well, that space, that one over there ...).

No comments:

Post a Comment