Sunday 24 July 2011

Blackberries

Oh my word. I got back from holiday yesterday, and I've been hard at work in the garden: making sure everything is watered, mourning the creeping mint that didn't survive my absence, clearing ivy and long grass, starting to clear space to get rid of two of my three rhodedendrons (in a tiny suburban garden!!!) so that I can plant my blueberries in the right soil ....

Well, earlier this evening, I took a walk around the rest of my domain (also known as the Council Recreation Ground). And I picked a handful of blackberries! I've never lived anywhere before that was so close to so many blackberry patches, so I've no idea if this is ridiculously early, but I know its *fairly* early....

I'm determined to make lots of blackberry jam this year (strained - I don't like the texture of blackberries, even whizzed) and these are now washed and in the fridge - I'll pick some more tomorrow and take a bag with me, as I'm on staycation, and can do anything I want :)

No comments:

Post a Comment