Wednesday 27 October 2010

I'm doing fiddly bits at the moment, and so are my builders - which is why my posts are kind of all over the place. And I've been ill :(

But in the last 24 hours, the carpenter has done the architraves and the lock for the new toilet, other workmen have put the soil stack in, the electrician has been round to quote for repair to the damage to wiring in the loft, caused by mice. Did you know that mice have no bladders, so that they wee constantly? Nope, nor did I!

My jobs in the last 24 hours have been a little less impressive than theirs, because I'm very virus-y at the moment - I haven't sawn the wood for those kitchen shelves, for instance.... but I did have a tiny little Eureka moment, and at about 10pm last night, I used some rawlplugs already fixed in a kitchen wall - used one for a hook for a teatowel, and another for a spice rack, one of those silvery magnetic jobs, very cool :)

And of course this fitted in with one of my pet issues - use your time! Especially if you've got the energy!

I need some soundproofing too, and I'm slowly getting ideas on that. And waiting for the electrician's quote - of course, I also need to know whether the mice are gone or not - I have some electronic repellents on the go, but don't really know how effective they are. And if I rely on them totally, I'm betting on them for the house not to burn down. Yet more research ....

No comments:

Post a Comment