Friday 9 December 2011

Yoo hoo, water meter, where are you?

If I wasn't on a water meter, I'd apply to be on one. And I use so little water - I don't water the garden, everything there takes care of itself; I only take short showers; I have dual flush, modern toilets - so I was a bit confused to receive an extra bill, which will be paid automatically online.

Now, the back of the bill says: "please check your meter readings to make sure that there is no unusually high consumption that might indicate a water leak." Good idea. Except, unlike my gas and electricity meters, I have no *idea* where my water meter is. None at all. In the house? In the ground?



Some time later ....
Oh dear. I've just been roaming about looking for my water meter. And just as my water board says, its by the stop cock. Trouble is, while the stop cock is accessible, the water meter isn't, its been boxed in. There goes my attempt to read it, for now, anyway.

Mind you, in hunting for the thing, I looked under the sink, as advised, and found this:


Which looks completely mad to me, but quite a lot of fun at the same time :)

I know it works, thats the main thing.







And I've realised, about water useage - I have a washing machine and a dishwasher. And I'm not going to stop using either of them, so there we go, heading straight towards average useage after all, no matter how careful I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment