Wednesday 23 June 2010

What do I want this new house to be like, anyway?

I want it to have a garden, for somewhere to sit and somewhere to grow my own veg and fruit and flowers. I want decent storage - I have a lot at the moment, and while I'm decluttering like crazy, some is necessary - pots of paint, the bike, spare plantpots, the stepladder, all that sort of thing. I want it to be near some greenery, so that when I go a walk at lunchtime to stretch my legs, I have somewhere to walk that isn't just streets. I want it to be quiet - I've lived opposite a pub, thanks, and I'm done with that. I want it to be a semi, to minimise neighbour noise. I want it to be easy to maintain - no weird little ridges sticking out everywhere, no flat roof, straight up and down as much as possible (you can tell what I'm moving from, lol). Although I still want it to have character (don't we all!) and I still want it to appeal to my heart. And I want 3 bedrooms - one for me, one for an office/guest bedroom, one to see clients in.

I want it to be safe, of course, but everyone I've spoken to in my chosen town, Haywards Heath, has commented on how safe it is, how little crime there is. I don't know if thats rose-tinted specs or not, but it *feels* safe, certainly.

Do I want a project? I want somewhere that has the potential for a project, but not the immediate necessity for one - I've spent years living in a house thats nothing *but* projects, and I really need a bit of time out. There are bound to be things that need doing after I move in, that'll do for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment